Sunday, June 29, 2014

J

J-
At the beginning of April we were all up at the church setting up for our annual FM breakfast. Some of us brought our girls and for some reason both of our daughters were having a rough night. We were both getting frustrated and apologizing to each other for the way each of ours were acting, and trying desperately to get them to respond the way we felt was right. Right before we were getting ready to leave, you called me out in the hallway to share something with me that was going on inside of you. You told me that God was impressing on your heart that our daughters are just people like us, in need of unconditional love, and that sometimes their sass was just a cry for a personal touch... from God.... from us. You set forth the challenge: every time we feel like our girls weren't acting right, instead of getting upset, hug them... love them. I did that- the change was amazing. You were right... sometimes they just need love. I just want you to know that I have been doing that with Z even more lately. I'm not sure if she is the one in need of love...or if it's me... but it brings healing. I have been doing the same with K... randomly giving her hugs when I can tell she is having a rough day... the hugs might not be as good as yours were, but they are with unconditional love. Thank you for changing my perspective. Thank you for changing my life.
-L 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...