Saturday, June 15, 2013

to the most important men in my life...


To my husband,
It would take hours upon hours, page upon page, to explain to the world what kind of man you are and daily purpose to be... A man of integrity, a man of honor, a man who is selfless, caring and generous at any cost. I believe that out of all the amazing character traits that you possess, the effort and love you put into fatherhood is the rarest. The way you take time to pour into our children the love of God all throughout the day in various ways... the hours you put into watching them, listening to them, laughing with them, praying with them... the adoring looks and affection you give your daughter as she learns to be a little lady... the chest pats, pool throws and playful body slams you give the boys as they grow up into mighty men... the opportunities you seize to teach, train and guide our kids, even at the most inconvenient of times... the conversations you have with Isaac at bedtime, the snuggles you give Zoey after work, the wrestling matches you have with Elijah on the floor of the kitchen after dinner and the way you Jacob laugh together all day long... ALL OF IT proves that God has given you this mandate for a very specific reason:
To show them the love of the only Father greater than you. (1 John 3:1)

I love you, Chris Bunk, and am humbled by the fact the Lord chose me to serve our kids beside you.... and incredible mission beside an incredible man.


To my dad,
 I am blessed beyond measure to be placed under your care for my entire life. I'm confident that when the Lord was creating me, he also had in the mind the balance I would need to fulfill His will and then strategically and lovingly gave me to you. You have exemplified who God is to me my entire existence, and I am in constant awe of the sacrifices and selflessness you have chosen without merit so that I could walk the journey God set before me with joy. Thank you. Thank you for being there through the achievements, through the failures, through the questions, through the doubts, through the laughs, through the tears, through the pain, through the blessings, through the storms, through the valleys... and throughout my 34 years of life, always speaking life and truth, no matter the cost. I love you, dad, more than I could ever express.


To my other dad,
You are the man who raised, shaped and formed the father of my children... and I will be forever indebted to you for that. I see the incredible traits Chris possesses... hard work, perseverance, hunger for knowledge, integrity, generosity, steadfastness and strength... and I can't help but see a reflection of you. You raised a man who loves God, adores his wife and prioritizes his children- you couldn't have given the world any better gift. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. Thank you for giving to us without hesitation. Thank you for being our rock, our steady-hand and our biggest fan. You have not only raised Chris, but you have watched me grow as well, and I am a better person for having you in my life. We love you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...