Monday, October 24, 2011

saying thank you is just not enough.

"...the Lord your God will bless you in the land that he is giving you."
{Deuteronomy 28:8}

This is the scripture I read this morning and it couldn't have been more perfect. Actually the entire chapter is how I feel right now. {Read it here} We had our big house move this weekend and to say I am overwhelmed is an understatement... but it's not in the way most people would think. Yes, we have loads of boxes everywhere and I had to comb my hair with my daughter's doll brush yesterday, but the overwhelming part is how blessed we are.

We are blessed with an incredible house.
We are blessed with incredible family and friends.
We are blessed with super friendly neighbors.
We are blessed with very adaptable kids.
We are blessed by a God who knows us.

We had so many people show up Saturday morning to help us move... people who have a million things going on themselves! Almost every time I would sincerely thank someone for coming, they would reply "How could we not bless a guy like Chris?" As his wife, this statement meant so much to me... I mean I know how hard he works and how much he does for others, but it was such a blessing to hear others say it and gather around to bless him. {It was also SO fun seeing all his friends give him a hard time about the stuff they were loading up!}

I do want to thank everyone one more time for the over-the-top help you gave us this weekend (loading up our stuff, unloading our stuff, bringing food, watching our kids, doing our laundry, driving us all over, etc) We couldn't have done this without you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...