Friday, October 7, 2011

{brain dump} session IV

This morning was one of the roughest I've had in a long time.
The icing on the cake was that Elijah didn't sleep well last night and has been really fussy today... and by fussy, I mean screaming every time I put him down. I'm pretty convinced he isn't feeling very well, since this isn't like him. 

I hit a point where I knew I needed reinforcements. I laid the kids in bed (both of them screaming at the top of their lungs) and sent a text to my family for prayer. I know they all prayed (my mom had to call too to make sure I was ok, surprise, surprise). Within 5 minutes of that text both kids were silently sleeping in bed. Small miracle, I know, but one that was very evident to me. I had been trying to have these results for the last 2 hours!

I am finally sitting at the computer with a cup of coffee and some much needed time with God. Whenever I have "this" feeling, I always resort to Isaiah 40.... it's my comfort chapter, and I'm pretty confident I have most of it memorized. Here was today's favorite part....

Isaiah 40:11
"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young."

2 comments:

Tina said...

i've been there.
those texts. just the other night i sent one out to my sister in law & almost immediately felt a (completely unexpected) change in my attitude...
small miracles in our days are the BEST!
ps: you looked so pretty in that picture with zoey recently posted.

April Maus said...

Love Isaiah 40:11!! I think of it so often on my hard days :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...