Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer REACH

I was challenged tonight.
So challenged that I can't think about anything else.
Let me explain:
We are in the middle of a series in youth called "Summer REACH" and every week we leave our church building and do something in the community. Last week was "SERVE the City" and our group passed out free bottles of water to everyone at a local park. This week was "PRAY for the City" and we headed out to our local high school and middle school to pray. I drove some of our Junior Highers to our local middle school and we spent about 1/2 hour walking around and praying for the students that would be attending there in a couple weeks. Seeing my students lay hands on the bike racks and entrance doors completely rocked my world. I have been praying intensely for our students as they are heading back to school in the fall... but have never prayed specifically for their schools. At that moment I was challenged to do something I've never done before: I committed to all of my students that I would visit their schools in the next 3 weeks to pray. I have a list of 15 schools and a burden for all of them. (Well, 16 actually... I'm adding my son's school to that as well). My prayer is that God would use this generation to change this generation. Will you join with me in prayer?
"Prayer is our most formidable weapon, the thing which makes all else we do efficient."
- E. M. Bounds

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...