Thursday, October 7, 2010

Are we out of Q-tips?

As a mom, I'm realizing that there are so many things I do that no one sees. You know, changing the bed sheets, emptying the dishwasher, restocking the Q-tips, mid-night infant feedings, etc. Sometimes I am tempted to let those things go just to see how soon everyone would notice. I'm assuming it would be fairly quickly. 
 Today I was feeling a little sorry for myself in this area. I mean, how can these things be so important that it keeps our family running, but so insignificant that they go unnoticed and somewhat unappreciated? Then suddenly I had an epiphany.... how many times does God do something that I don't give a second thought? Things like making sure there is enough oxygen for us to breathe... Keeping the sun far/close enough from the earth to keep us alive... Giving us wisdom in very difficult situations... Answering our prayers... and the list goes on and on. Wow, does that make me turn my inward focus to an upward one! So now every time I wonder if my family knows how many times I clean out the closets or sweep the kitchen floor, I will thank the Lord for giving me breath.

2 comments:

MEg said...

LOVE THIS!

Shawna said...

That is REALLY a good thought. So glad you wrote this. I find myself feeling that way. i don't even think my family knows where I keep the toilet paper to put on the toilet paper holder! lol. Thanks for sharing. I needed to hear this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...