Tuesday, June 29, 2010

i need a pause button.

We just got the exciting news that my baby sister Jeni is going to be having her 1st baby in February and our family couldn't be more excited. The funny thing is, in all the excitement of talking "baby talk" with Jeni, I've come to the realization that I don't have much time before I have my baby. Although I have been feeling oober-pregnant lately, I still haven't really focused on the idea of having our 3rd child. Usually by this time I have already taken inventory of what I need and have a list going of what needs to take place before the birth, but this time... well, there just hasn't been much time.

This winter we celebrated Lance and Jeni's wedding, had our youth winter retreat, watched our little boy turn 4, and welcomed our twin nephews.

In the spring we had Easter Service, celebrated lots of birthdays along with Fathers/Mothers Day, and found out we are having another boy!

Looking at our summer, it doesn't seem to slow down. We have our youth summer program, Summer RAGE, our youth missions trip to Champions' For Life Camp and hopefully some sort of vacation weekend get-away in August.

Then comes the fall... and that means NEW BABY!
I am in serious need of a pause button.

Psalm 127
1If the Lord does not build the house, it is useless for the builders to work on it. If the Lord does not protect a city, it is useless for the guard to stay alert.2It is useless to work hard for the food you eat by getting up early and going to bed late. The Lord gives food to those he loves while they sleep. 3Children are an inheritance from the Lord. They are a reward from him. 4The children born to a man when he is young are like arrows in the hand of a warrior. 5Blessed is the man who has filled his quiver with them. He will not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the city gate.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Aww..congrats to Jeni! And I agree...a pause button would be nice. Oh and I remember feeling that way when I was pregnant with my 3rd. I just didn't really prepare much until it was just about time. When are you due again?

lori bunk said...

i'm due at the end of september

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...