Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Activity Kits

Every since I saw this post from Counting Coconuts, I couldn't wait to make my own Activity Kits. I am always looking for something for my kids to do while I am at the doctors or having a quick meeting at the church. I bought most of the stuff from Oriental Trading and the dollar store and each one can easily be switched out for something more advanced. I just keep the container in my car and let the kids pick out a kit to mess around with. I also think this would be cute for a very easy birthday present... not only would the birthday kid be excited, but the parents as well.


Paper Clips
Uses: Color matching, paper clip necklaces, countingWord/Letter Stickers
Uses: Making words and sentences, find the letterWooden Skill Sticks
Pipe Cleaners
Uses: Color matching, Making animals, shapes and lettersHandmade coloring book and crayonsPopsicle Sticks
Uses: Color matching, building, countingLacing BeadsClothespins
Uses: Color matching and clip-onLock-n-Key
Spirograph with scrap paper
Colored Die
Uses: Math, Numbers, YahtzeeCreate-A-Bible-Scene StickersDecorate-a-Character
The more of these activity kits I made, the more I would think of. I am excited to switch them out in a couple of months with some of my other ideas!

8 comments:

denise said...

I LOVE this!!! I am going to do it too! Since we don't have family and we have meetings for one reason or another, the boys are sitting there and get bored with the toys they brought. So this would be great for that too! I've done car projects for car rides for our drive when we moved, but didn't think about having them done ahead for the every day event. Where did you get your bags at?

lori bunk said...

i got the pencil cases at oriental trading (a dozen for $8), but i do wish they were transparent. we have to look inside to see what's in them (i don't want to write on them b/c i want to be able to switch them out.) you might look on amazon or something for some ones with clear plastic. i found some at the dollar store but was too cheap to spend a dollar on each bag when the stuff inside was cheaper!

appleandi said...

get some luggage tags (or similar tags) that you can leave on the zipper. that way you can change the tag to say what is inside!

love this whole idea!!!

lori bunk said...

that's such a great idea.
thanks andi!

denise said...

thanks! I might do something with gallon baggies for now, and wait until back to school time for when they have their clear pencil cases. The soft ones that zip, not the hard ones. BTW that is my FAVORITE time to stock up on Crayola Crayons when they go 25 cents and 19 cents! I stock up on a few boxes to use through out the year.

Jaimie said...

brilliant!!! I can't wait to make some:)

Grandma said...

Amazing. So creative. I am sitting at the computer with Alina looking at this post and every picture Alina says " Nama, I want to make that!" Love this idea, great for us grandmas too.

Shawna said...

I am SOOOOO doing this! WOW..love the idea! I love those bags..i was going to ask where you got them but saw that Denise asked that too. I agree..clear would be better. I might try the gallon zip lock bags like denise said and then look for clear pencil cases when the school stuff is out. WOW..i just love this idea! thanks for posting this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...