Friday, June 18, 2010

John 'da Baptist

John the Baptist was mentioned at our prayer meeting tonight and it reminded me of a conversation I had with Isaac this week.

Isaac: "We learned about John 'da Baptist in church Sunday."
Me: "That's great. He was a great man, wasn't he?"
Isaac: "Yes... I want to be just like him."

Now, at this point I should have just stopped the conversation. I had visions in my head of my son longing to be a man of God and one who is unashamed of speaking the truth. I mean, John the Baptist got to baptize the Son of God! What a great man to aspire to! Unfortunately, I couldn't stop myself from asking...

Me: "Why do you want to be like John the Baptist?"
Isaac: "He was allowed to eat bugs."

2 comments:

denise said...

I LOVE IT!

Tina said...

i love when you post this stuff! i swear i have such a similar 4 year old in my house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...