Friday, June 25, 2010

horribly homemade...

It's confession time...
I love making fun crafts with my kids and creative things at home, but I have a real distaste for things to look homemade. I saw this post on one of my favorite sites and LOVED the idea. I couldn't wait to dig in with my kids and make some art for Chris for Father's Day. Unfortunately, hers looked like this:
...and mine looked like that:I was too embarrassed to give them to Chris... and good thing, because when he saw them, he just cracked up and said "and where do you think you are going to put those?" They looked SO DIFFERENT in my head, but in real life they look like a 2nd grade art project. I do love the idea that the kids helped and it's their hands, but these will be stored in our basement until I have the heart to throw them away. I wish God would have blessed me with better creativity... or at least better execution of someone else's creativity! Anyone else have a project that went sorely wrong???

4 comments:

Jaimie said...

i like them!!!

lori bunk said...

you have to see them in person then... they are pretty rough. i just really LOVED the idea, it just didn't work out as well!

Jaimie said...

lol...that is too funny...well, at least you had fun trying...right???!!!

Shawna said...

Lori..they aren't that bad. I like them. they are a tad different than the orginals...but still neat looking. If I saw those hung up I would not laugh. I would probably try to create them myself! Don't beat yourself up over them. I like them. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...