Friday, April 17, 2009

absence makes the heart grow fonder

I thought it would be wise to wait to post about my husband being out of town all week until he was back in town. This week has been CrAzY and we are so happy to have daddy home! Every morning Isaac would wake up and tell Zoey, "Daddy is at work in Candy-da and will be home soon, Zo, don't worry." It was so cute. He even had to show her where "Candy-da" was on our globe.
So Chris calls around noon to let me know where to come and pick him up. I know it's going to be close to the bridge, so when my dad asked if I wanted him to come with me, I told him the kids and I would be fine. Downtown Detroit is great and I figured we would just take our time and enjoy the scenery. Chris never mentioned that he was sending me to the projects... literally! When my dad sees these pictures of the view from our car while waiting for Chris, he is going to roll his eyes, shake his head and thank the Lord for his grace!Chris is now konked out with Isaac at his side and we are all very happy he is home. This was the view of the RenCen from where he was working, and then some crazy pictures of some of the work he was doing... that he will inevitably try to explain to me when he wakes up... to no avail.

2 comments:

aunt nancy said...

Next time bring your Dad.

Mantle Ministries said...

That globe will come in handy when Grandma and Grandpa are in another country. Keep up the geography lessons.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...