Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here in room 3913

Right now I am just sitting here in the hospital holding my daughter (that's so weird to say) and I am so thankful to the Lord for this wonderful day. God is so good to our family, as usual, even though it's so undeserved. Thanks to everyone who kept us in their prayers, God was completely faithful- my delivery was incredible, my recovery is completely tolerable and we should be home by tomorrow evening, enjoying our newly formed family of 4. We chose the name Zoey because it means "The God kind of Life" and Loren because it was my grandfather's name (my dad's dad) and means "Laurel-Crowned" or "Victorious". That is my prayer for this sweet little girl: that she would live the kind of life God designed for her and she would stand victorious all the days of her life.
(Click on Zoey's picture to get a close up)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori~God has truly blessed your family with this sweet baby girl! She is so precious sent from heaven especially for your family! What an exciting time i'm so happy for all of you!

Kathy said...

Yeah, another Zoey. Irene's youngest is Zoe (cause she likes the name) and Katheryn (cause Kathleen is to long).
Glad to here all is well. She's adorable.
Kathy G.

Life with Linda said...

Zoey Loren Bunk!
Joel Loren Maus
Jimmy Loren Carlson
Loren Frederick Carlson
(uncle) Loren Valentine

and there may be more....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lori!! She is beautiful!!!

Jeni said...

i'm so proud of you!!!! i love you!

victoria said...

Congrats, Lori (and Chris)! :) Zoey is absolutely beautiful! I'm SO happy that your delivery went well and you're feeling better.

Enjoy getting to know her! xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...