Tuesday, April 28, 2015

J

J-
I have a file on my computer where I save all the pictures I find of you.. pictures that pop up at very unexpected times. I found this one recently and it made me laugh. This particular night, you and Chris were relentless with each other. This was the moment he started teasing you about being "that mom." We laughed until we had tears running down our face, and we referred back to this moment many times. We were always so grateful for husbands that didn't let us baby our boys.... and if Andy wasn't around, you would always ask Chris, "am I being 'that mom?'"

I got to meet with someone today and just talk about you. It was very refreshing for me.. and I got to share some things that were important for me to speak out loud. I miss you so much. I miss the way we would laugh hysterically when something wasn't going the way we envisioned (which seemed to be frequent)... I miss the way you would pray for me in the hall with the most perfect words... I miss the times our hearts were united in compassion for those who seemed lost and overwhelmed... and I miss the way you would always encourage my soul. I could use a lot of that right about now.

This week has been particularly rough for me because there are so many new things going on in my heart... and you used to be only a phone call away. You always understood vision without having to hear much about it... finishing my sentences when it came to missional-living. I miss your kindred-spirit. I miss you.
-L

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...