Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ramblings: wrecked for those who are wrecked.

I'm not quite sure what happened.
One minute I was telling my husband a story of something ignorant and frustrating that someone said about missions and the next I was sobbing into a blanket on the couch.
Chris didn't know whether to hold me or laugh.
It was an odd moment.
I can't explain it.
I just know that I thought I would be able to shake it by this morning, just chalking it up to hormones, or exhaustion, or lack of Vitamin D... but I had the same intense feeling when I woke up and I can't shake it.

I was reading an article from Ann Voskamp called "What the North American is Most Hungry for." It deepened the longing I have in my heart to see a different way.... to act out of love, compassion and the eyes of my heavenly Father. To not hide my face in the sand and act like everything is ok as long as my family gets the vacation they so desperately need... while forgetting that there are toddlers in Cambodia who have never known true love. I'm wrecked this week.... a mess really... and I'm ready to stop being annoyed by ignorance and start doing what God has called me to.

Here's what I know:
God's heart is close to the orphan and the widow.
(James 1:27, Deut. 10:18, Psalm 68:5)
...and I want my heart to be right where God's is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...