Thursday, August 15, 2013

i'm not significant.

I've always struggled with this "significance" issue.
I frequently ask the questions, "Is what I am doing right now making any significance in the Kingdom of God? Am I, Lori, significant in the Kingdom of God, or could anyone do what I am doing, and do it much better?"

I have been stuck in the book of Isaiah for months.
I can't peel my eyes and heart away.
It has spoke to me in ways lately that have been life-saving.

This week I read Isaiah 49, with an emphasis on verse 6.
"Is it too small a thing for you to be my servant..."

 Wow.

Is serving God in any capacity, not significant in itself?
When you are a true servant, isn't your movement and posture of one to make your master more significant?

Just my daily re-focus from God that I wanted to pass along.

1 comment:

April Maus said...

thanks for sharing that Lori, you are always challenging the rest of us to keep pressing on toward the prize...and you ARE significant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...