Wednesday, April 17, 2013

January 14, 1990

I'm not quite sure what was so memorable about that day, but for some reason, my Nonne decided to send me a letter on January 14th, 1990. At that time I was 11 years old, so I'm sure I skimmed through it, feeling special that she thought of me enough to write me from Florida.

I found the letter today while I was working on a project. I read through it, 23 years later, and I'm confident it had more of a profound impact on me today then it did back then. She writes, "You always tried to do your best and be the best" (something I have strived for and struggled with for as long as I can remember). I won't go into all the details of why this letter spoke so clearly to me today, or why I miss her so much, but I will say that I am in a phase of life that causes me to deeply appreciate the generations before me.... and I want to leave a legacy for those following in my footsteps.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...