Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer REACH 7...9...16

At the beginning of the summer we made a list of things we wanted to do to REACH out to the people around us. Here is our 3rd round of adventures:

Number 7:  Make a meal for a busy family 
We went grocery shopping and loaded up the truck with everything we needed.... then we made the contact. The recipient was grateful almost to tears. I know how busy things can get, and not having to worry about dinner for your family is a huge blessing. I'm so glad we were able to be that for someone we love.

Number 9:  Color pictures to send to service men and women
I explained the sacrifice these men and women make on a daily basis... men and women who have families worrying about them at home. They had a couple of questions on why they would do that, which I proudly answered with words like "committment" and "freedom." I took some time to write my own letter, which I have to say, got me a little choked up. Thank you to everyone who has selflessly sacrificed for our freedoms!

Number 16:  Buy fun groceries for a family in need. 
We picked a family that didn't have a lot of spare time to run out and get groceries. Their need was more time-oriented. We didn't have the smoothest time in the grocery store, and there may or may not have been some happy meal bribes, but we finally made our purchases and headed over to drop them off. Groceries are a lot more fun to buy when they are for someone else!

2 comments:

victoria said...

two incredibly heartfelt posts in a row. You have me all teared up and I just did my make-up! Way to go in making a difference in so many lives, Lori! You still manage to do it even in the midst of your own busy life. xox

denise said...

You are such a blessing to your community and as a mom!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...