Sunday, August 19, 2012

my grand plans

Believe me when I tell you I had grand plans for my daughter's 4th birthday.
I convinced her earlier this year to have a "Mermaid Party" because I had so many fun ideas that would make the festivities a huge success.
I was going to do this... and this... and even this.... and that is only the tip of the iceberg. I bought real starfish, mermaid necklace beads and I was even going to weave streamers in and out of the entire fence around the pool!
What did I end up doing?

Nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true.... I had a semi-clean house and a pretty good attitude... that should count for something! I was so bummed I didn't end up having time to do all my fun mermaid projects. The reality is that some things happened this week that we weren't planning on and the first thing to go were the streamers!

I guess we did something right, because our baby had this on her face the entire night-
There's always next year....
I'm thinking Pink Lemonade Stand!

2 comments:

Keri said...

The party was GREAT! She had the best smile all night! Happy 4th Birthday ZO ZO. WE LOVE YOU!

Nina Bunk said...

are you kidding it was amazing!!! way better than anything i could have pulled off!!!
we loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...