Tuesday, January 10, 2012

i feel like i have cotton balls in my brain.

I used to feel semi-intelligent.
There was even a time where I could hold a decent conversation about something somewhat important... religion, politics, theology, etc.
Now I can barely tell you what day it is.
I guess that's what 3 hours of sleep a night does to a person.

On the other hand, I can tell you in detail the humming noise Jacob makes with his nose when he is happily eating.... and the sound Elijah makes when he runs across our hardwood floors with a flat foot ... and the details of the colic in my baby girl's hair and the way she squirms when I'm trying to unsuccessfully cover it up... and the mortified look Isaac gives me when I say something "girlie."

So please forgive me if I ask you to repeat the same sentence over to me for the 3rd time... or if I start to daze off in delirium while answering your question.
I have a brain.
One that has served me quite well in the past.
It's just working in a different capacity at the moment.

1 comment:

Dana Shea said...

Oh my goodness, I am so there with you! I was just bawling to my husband about this in the wee hours of the morning yesterday as I fervently shook....errr BOUNCED my very cranky, teething 6 month old who is massively interfering with my sleep and, yes, my mental clarity. "I can't think anymore!" I lamented..."I used to be so sharp and now I feel.....old!!"

Thank you for your last line in this post. I need to remember that I am in a different capacity right now. And I need to hope with all my might that someday my brain will return on some level ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...