Monday, April 4, 2011

i'm so messed up.

I have been so messed up lately.
It's like God is desperately trying to get my attention.
It's in the books I read. The videos I watch. The things my kids say.
The bottom line: I am here on earth to bring God fame.
Furthermore, the greatest way I can do that is to spread His love to others.
Feeding the hungry.
Housing the homeless.
Hugging the forgotten.
Speaking life to those that are cast away.

Tonight we watched the 3rd part of a video series by Max Lucado called "Made To Make A Difference" with our student leadership team. I am at home still thinking about it.... still contemplating the changes that need to be made... still knowing that it's about the application, not the emotion.
What have you been challenged with lately?

1 John 3:17
But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and closes his heart of compassion against him, how does the love of God remain in him?

1 comment:

Tina said...

tonight i'm doing the same thing! thinking about the undeniable message coming my way for months. it's the same as you said here. i'm thinking about it now because i heard matthew barnett talking about how his first church service had 2 attendants that left before the service was over b/c there was no one there & he went home & cried. the Lord told him to go to echo park, where he saw boys up against cars being arrested & loads of the city's worst. the Lord told him he was there to make other people's dreams come true, not his. the church's name was changed to the dream center b/c the members were calling it that. amazing! i battle with how in the world i am going supposed to act on all the dreams God has given me when i'm at home changing diapers & teaching abc's most of the day, every day. God is messing me up too! adjusting my view of His plans for me. it's messing with my head! i've got to get to bed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...