Tuesday, December 8, 2009

YOU hold the universe...

I have a favorite time of the day. I know most people would think it would be nap time, and that is definitely a close second... but my favorite time of the day is our time with the Lord. Isaac begs me each morning to read the Bible and worship. It brings tears to my eyes just to picture his face in the morning as he learns about God and dances around the house praising Him. I love this time not only because my kids are focusing on God, but also because it brings things into perspective for me. Today was one of those days. I have been pretty sick since Friday and today it seemed to get slightly worse instead of better. I really didn't want to worship... not because I didn't have love for God or because I was upset... I just didn't have the mindset for loud music or the energy to find the CD. (We use Hillsong Kids CDs... but today we used Hillsong United since the other CDs seem to be hiding). After jumping around with the kids for a couple minutes, I sat down holding my head and wishing for the motrin.... but then I saw this:I realized once again that worship isn't about how I feel, but about what God deserves. I want my kids to see me push thru... to see me press in... to see me give honor and glory to the God who created us and breathes life into us every single day. So as I sit here nursing an ear ache and a migraine, I am thankful for our times with the Lord.They give me what I need every single day.

4 comments:

aunt nancy said...

Sweetest thing I've seen in a long time

Life with Linda said...

I think that is one amazing little man you are raising....sniff sniff

mantleministries said...

wow! love it, love it!

Tina said...

beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...