Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Be Diligent...

I was laughing with a fellow blogging friend the other day about how reading other people's blogs can sometimes make you feel like like you in a world all by yourself. You read an entry about an amazing meal someone else made for dinner while wearing heels when you just threw together a box of macaroni and cheese and are still in your pajamas from the previous night. Although we try to be honest and want to humor each other with stories of "momhood," we are always trying to put our best foot forward, in everything we do. I don't think that's wrong... I just think we need to remember that when we are scrolling through our favorite blog sites. For example, I am sitting here typing with the worst headache I've had in awhile, my eye makeup from yesterday is now under my eyes, my house is a WRECK and although my kids are yelling for me to get them some milk, the only thing I can think is that I need my cup of coffee.

I was thinking about all of this after reading today's entry from Oswald Chambers. In 2 Timothy 2:15, Paul reminds us to "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed..." So although I always want people to think the best of me, my goal should be approval from the Lord, and as long as I am working hard at what God has called me to and being obedient to Him, I do not need to be ashamed. It's not an excuse to be lazy or to give up because someone else does it better, it's a mind shift to please the Creator instead of each other. So as I ponder that, I am going to go get changed, get my cup of coffee and try to get some clean socks in my kid's drawers.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

great reminder...great post!!!

Tina said...

well said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...