Wednesday, November 5, 2008

we have a new president.

I love reading Del Tackett's blog... and those of you starting The Truth Project with us tonight will get to know him really well. He said some incredible things this morning that I would love to share with you. You can find the rest of his post here.

On my morning run, I took care to notice that the sun rose today. This was particularly pleasing to me, because I know that there are many who might have thought that yesterday was the end of the world…those who went to bed with a heavy heart, discouraged, fearful…wondering whether life would really go on after the elections.
It will…and it is. I saw the sky begin to brighten and the first rays of the sun peek over the horizon at just after 6:31 a.m., Mountain Standard Time. I paused long enough to make sure that it wasn’t playing a trick on us, rubbing it in, so to speak, by appearing briefly and then quickly sinking out of sight, leaving us all in the darkness of despair and gloom.
But it didn’t.
On the contrary. It was actually a beautiful sunrise. Today is a new day…and we have much ahead of us! We should live no differently today than we should have been living before: with hope, with joy, with peace; walking blamelessly before God and before men; being light and salt in the world; working as unto the Lord; etc.
Now is the time for the attractively, winsome body of Christ to show What we are made of and in Whom we trust…for we do not trust in horses or chariots, but in the name of the Lord our God. Let me offer, however, something very specific and something quite appropriate for November 5, 2008. It comes from 1 Timothy 2:2
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.”

2 comments:

Life with Linda said...

aye,
where sin abounds...
GRACE does much MORE abound....

Jaimie said...

This is so true...I just posted something along the same lines and then I came and saw your post. Yesterday's 'Strength For the Journey' devotional on RBC was similar:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...