Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bragging Rights...

I know sometimes it can be annoying when family members brag on each other, but you will just have to excuse me this time. My parents are one of a kind... amazing, really. About 7-8 years ago, my mother went to a children's ministry conference and saw a booth on foster children... since then, it's been one of my parent's life missions to start and run a summer camp for abused, abandoned and neglected children. From that, Champions for Life Kids' Camp was birthed. This week they are on their 6th year of camp, running 2 weeks each summer with over 140 children and 200 volunteers, plus over 24 churches are involved each week. They are the kind of people who listen to the Lord and then simply do what He says. I am SO PROUD of them... really, so proud and humbled.

2 comments:

We Love to Run! said...

your parents are amazing... i will definitely agree! they raised one amazing daughter too! ;)

~Hannah~

Anonymous said...

Lori~ You have every right to brag about your AWESOME parents! Congratulations on being their daughter! I just got home from my second year of helping out at the beauty parlor day at camp, and once again i came away blessed by what your parents are doing to help many hurting kids I was proud to be a part of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...