Wednesday, May 29, 2013

this is where it's @

I'm not quite sure why we need constant reminders of God's faithfulness. I would be devastated if my children constantly questioned my motives and love for them, but yet I am consistently doing that to my Lord. The minute I started to become discouraged this morning, I grabbed my Bible, my hot semi-warm coffee and wouldn't let myself stand up from the table until my faith was back where it needed to be. Anyone who has hung around me lately knows that I'm stuck in the book of Isaiah. Here is what it says in Isaiah 63...

"I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which He is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us..."
Isaiah 63:7
Can I just encourage you today?
It doesn't matter where you are at... whether you are loving life, or hating it.... feeling grateful or feeling overwhelmed.... harboring unforgiveness or walking in freedom...
The Lord has something to say to you TODAY.
Open His Word.
Spend time lifting up His name in worship.
Allow yourself to sink into His presence.
Talk to Him about what's on your heart.

People ask me all the time how I do it.
This is how.
It's the only thing that keeps me going.... daily reminding myself of the reason I am here in the 1st place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...