Monday, March 4, 2013

this has been a long week... and it's only monday.

It's funny.... kind-of.
My 1st grade son has a debit card at school that the kids use to get hot lunch. We decided at the beginning of the year that he could pick one hot lunch a week and would bring a packed lunch to school the other days. I just put $30 on his card right after the Christmas break. He only picked 2 hot lunches that he liked this last month ($2.70 each), so I knew he should have plenty still left on his card... still, my OCD wouldn't leave me alone until I checked the balance to make sure.

I was shocked to find that he only had a little money left.
I saw a link that I could click on that would show me an itemized list of what the card had been spent on.
Unbelievable.
Ice cream sandwiches. Twix Bars. Cookies. Ice Cream Push-Ups.
I had NO idea they even had a concession stand in the cafeteria, much less that the kids could choose to spent their debit card money on it.
Needless to say, Chris and I had a conversation with Mr. Money-Bag-Sweet-Tooth this weekend.

Then....
My daughter tells me that she used my ENTIRE personalized stationary to practice writing her name. She started crying when she saw my mortified look instead of anticipated pride. 
Thank you, Denise, for the wonderful stationary.
I had a hard time using it a lot because I loved it so much and would only save it for letters to the teacher, or special lists.... go figure.

1 comment:

denise said...

I'm glad she enjoyed it!!!! :)

I am laughing at isaac's spending. If it was my kids I wouldn't be laughing. We have an old school here so no debit cards and their low sugar ice cream can only be purchased with cash. I used to complain because it would be easier to have an account vs sending 50 cents every Friday if they earned it. Now I can be thankful for it being old school. Lol!

The other day I was overwhelmed and started looking at old video clips on YouTube of my boys. You should find ones of your kids and it will make you smile and give you a much needed break! Love ya Lori!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...