Sunday, November 27, 2011

is there really enough love to go around?

It happened yesterday, and I can't stop thinking about it.
I put Elijah in his high chair and threw some raisins on so I could get the older kids something to drink before Jacob needed to eat again.... and then I looked. Elijah was smiling ear to ear and was trying to grab my hand. 

Have I even said hello to him today?
Did I kiss or hug him, or give him any attention that would let him know that my love for him hasn't changed?

I've NEVER struggled with the "will-I-love-this-child-as-much-as-the-others" question while pregnant... I always knew there was enough love to go around. The problem is, at this point I don't have a lot of TIME for each child, and it worries me that in their eyes TIME=LOVE.

I am so grateful that they are surrounded by people who love their guts and can make up for the time I am unable to give and I know that my kids will always feel loved. I guess it's back to making the little moments count.... like diaper changes and bedtime readings... times where I can catch each child's eye to let them know that although time is tight, my love for them keeps growing.

1 comment:

Life with Linda said...

Love your honesty....i remember the hardest thing about having "3" kids...was only having two hands for holding...hang in there Mom, They will all grow up to know they are loved by YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...