Thursday, September 26, 2013

Today.

Today.
As it progressed I found myself feeling more and more sorry for myself.
I had a whole house to clean for LifeGroup.
I had a dinner to make for 25 people.
I had just completed my 22nd load of laundry this week and still had 6 to go. (This may sound like an exaggeration to make my point funnier, but it's oh so true. I haven't been able to keep up remotely since I started to work on the day I usually attempt this feat)
We are having our Fall Youth Retreat this weekend, and there are a million things to do. (Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration to make you laugh)
I'm still not feeling well.
I am EXHAUSTED.
#3 wants to potty train... which in turn, makes #4 want to as well... it's a mess.
My parents and sister are out of the country doing amazing things.
My other sister has been extremely sick and is having a hard time carrying on a decent conversation.
etc, etc, etc.

Today.
I knew I needed to change my outlook.
I've been challenged this week in the area of gratitude.
The reality is that I have a community of people that come to my house every week and build me up... they challenge me... they accept me, crazy house and all... they keep me on track.... and having dinner together is one of the highlights of my week.
I have massive amounts of clothing for my children and have hardly purchased any of them. Hand-me-downs have been a lifesaver and I am so indebted to the people who have outfitted my children since their birth.
I have the amazing opportunity to go away for a weekend and have a blast with teenagers... my husband will be loving on our kids and supporting me in all ways possible. 
Part of my family is on the mission field loving on kids who need it most and my sister who isn't feeling well, still came to church last night and watched my kids so I could be in the prayer meeting.

I'm still not feeling well.. and utterly exhuasted
BUT
I am so grateful.
For life. For hope. For Today.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...