Friday, December 14, 2012

i don't have a compartment for this.

I imagine parents all over the world are struggling tonight just like me.
Why did this happen?
What would I do?
How would I cope with this if I was directly involved?
How can a 5 year old child even have the capacity to  understand what happened?
Then the questions come that I can't even put into words...
The ones that will haunt me for quite awhile.
As Chris and I were talking through tears tonight about the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, I told him I was struggling with where to put this... what compartment of my heart and soul this fits into. I haven't come up with an answer for that yet, but my prayers are soaked with tears for the dads and moms that have to go home without their child tonight. The ones whose worlds are shattered. The ones who can't breathe through the pain.
I have started my prayer for these families over a dozen times, and I get stuck after the 1st sentence. I've decided to give up on my own feeble words and pray David's words in Psalm 34 tonight.

brokenhearted

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...