Monday, April 12, 2010

ramblings: no longer a rookie.

I was interviewed.
SO WEIRD!

A girl who wants to be a mom and be in ministry wanted to get my thoughts on it. I laughed when she asked me because almost daily I am asking my mentors how to do it and I wasn't sure what I would have to say that would be that inspiring. Now that it's over, I have to say it was probably more informative for me than her.
The conclusion: I truly love what I do.

I love being a wife.
I love being a mom.
I love being a youth pastor.


One of the questions that was the hardest for me to answer was:
When do you find time to do the things that YOU love to do?
My answer: Everyday.

I may not be able to find much time for shopping or reading like I used to, but everyday my life is filled with the things I love- playing hide and seek with my kids while they laugh hysterically, having in depth discussions about theology with my husband while I am slicing up strawberries, talking to a youth about stepping up while they tell me how difficult it is, etc, etc, etc.

I am almost finished with an incredible book by Christine Caine called "Can I Have and Do It All, Please?" and it has been such a God send. In the 1st chapter she sums up the book by saying "If we want to do this adventure we call life well, and fulfill the purpose God has for our lives, we need to discover what His definition of 'ALL' is, and go after that."

That's the key: We ABSOLUTELY can have and do it ALL... as long it is God's All. It may not look like the life you had imagined when you were 13, and it won't look the person's life next to you, but it will be fulfilling and successful if the will of God is driving every moment and every decision. Don't get me wrong, I would love a couple more hours in the day to look things up on the internet or rummage through the sale racks at Marshalls, but for right now, the things I love to do are the things that consume my day. Thank you God for allowing me to be a part of your kingdom and love the people you love.

3 comments:

Tina said...

sounds like a good book.

love your answer to the "time for what you love ?"
ps: i meant to fb you, i had a dream about isaac the other night! so weird! he was over our house w/carter in the backyard swimming in our plastic pool & wanted one. i was asking you when you came to get him if you'd mind if i gave him $20 to get his own pool! SO STRANGE! this blogging thing can trick our minds into thinking we're a part of each other's lives in ways we are not. you know?
this is the longest comment in history! leave it to me.

lori bunk said...

i love that!
blogs and facebook give me the strangest dreams ever!

Life with Linda said...

I think you are so smart!

I used to tell the young Mom's that asked me...how I did it all....

that first. I'm not doing it all.
I don't do a lot of things you think I do.

Second, you can find the time to do the things you really want to do...

so make sure they are the things God wants you to do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...