Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kseniya Simonova

I'm sure by now most people have seen this, but in the rare chance that you haven't I wanted to pass it along.

Kseniya Simonova is a Ukrainian artist who just won Ukraine's version of "America's Got Talent." She uses a giant light box, dramatic music, imagination and "sand painting" skills to interpret Germany's invasion and occupation of Ukraine during WWII.

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine, resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.


1 comment:

MEg said...

WOW! that is SO COOL! thanks for sharing cuz I had not seen this before. I don't think I could make one piece of art that beautiful if I tried for a year! She definitely deserved to win. I would love to see her interpretation of Revelation or the Gospels!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...