Sunday, May 31, 2015

Queen Anne's Lace

Queen Anne's Lace has always been my most favorite flower. People try to convince me that they are really just a weed, but I don't believe them for a second. How can something so beautiful be considered "valueless", "undesirable" or "troublesome?"

Maybe that's why I love it so much. It's a wild flower.... and when we would spend time up at my grandparents cottage up north, you could pick hundreds of them and no one would even notice one was missing. I would stare at the intricacies of the petals and even try to count how many each one had. They are beautiful.. and usually overlooked.

 "And if you can’t do the little things, why worry about the big things? Think about how the wildflowers grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? That’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!"
Luke 12:26-28

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...